Our website designer, Ollie from Play Nicely, created the website for the Merchant of Venice. To do this Ollie used moodboards and visuals given to him by the production team. Why not have a go at following the brief and designing your moodboard? To help you out, here are Ollie’s 5 top tips for designing a moodboard:
- Use a variety of sources for your inspiration - it’s easy to get stuck with familiar and similar looks.
- Carry a camera around and build your own library of images and inspiration to work from.
- You don’t only have to use images - words can help you to visualise what you want to achieve.
- You might gather a lot of material to use but remember to be selective about the choices you make - one well selected image can have the same impact as multiple images.
- Be clear what your moodboard is about and know your brief - too loose an idea means it can get chaotic!
Now download the moodboard brief and from the Brief Assets. Once you are done, email your creations to us at email@example.com and we may select it to feature on the site.